Sunday, February 27, 2011

How I botched a perfectly good Birthday Present

Yep the title says it all. Unfortunately it had to be my mom's birthday. *sigh* Her birthday was on a Sunday this year, and I decided that for her birthday I would sing in church. And It was to be a surprise. I was able to practice and keep that a secret and get the date I wanted. Then like 5 days before......(guess what?) ...... I GOT SICK!!! Man I was NOT HAPPY. Part of that illness was a cough. It was mainly the cough....And you know how long coughs go on. It's endless. ENDLESS I TELL YOU!

Anyway, so Saturday morning comes and I pretty much better. I can sing . Not any more coughing.....yeah. I was excited. Then I got the cough back Sat night. Part of that is because
a) i could have drunk more water then the large amount I already was, and done a couple more things to ensure not getting sick again.
b)I live in a large family.

Oh it was distressing. I had to call up my pianist and the Music Coordinator and church and let them know I might not show my face. Then I hoped desperately (with a sinking feeling inside) that I would get better.

Alas, it was not to be so! For when I woke up the next morning, not only was the cough still there but my head ached. I was devastated, but not ready to let on why I could not go. I spent most of the morning in bed, waiting for mom to come home.

When they did come home dad came in. I had told him about the present. He said my name was on the program for the meeting and that mom had been like "What? Why is she on there." But she figured it out. Then later mom came in and you know what happens next...

And that is the story of how I botched the awesome birthday gift that I was really excited to do, since I had wanted to sing in church for a while. I'm gonna be singing in April. And maybe, just maybe I'll post of video of me singing. (Of course we don't take vid in church, but I'll do it outside of church.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Hannah, I am so sorry. I would feel the same way. I hope your mom still had a great brithday though! :)

    ReplyDelete