Sunday, February 6, 2011

Halloween Costume





So this is the (Very Late, SORRY!)story of my Halloween Costume(above). So initially we had planned on doing a group theme. A baseball team. We all had matching plain baseball type shirts so we were just going to use electrical tape to put on names, number etc...... Yeah. Then on Tuesday we received notice that it was off. So I had like 3 days to pick a costume(a co-op party on Friday). I finally decided I would make a costume and be Robin Hood's Granddaughter (I'm writing a story, and that's the main character.) We have(or had) some green fabric that I could turn into a tunic type thing. So I set off to make my costume, I had no pattern. Just my skill, measuring tape, scissors, ( sewing supplies). And yeah.

PROCESS

1) Iron Fabric

2)Mark you measurements on fabric.

3)Sketch a rough pattern for tunic. ( add a few extra inches for space)
This took me forever. Like about an hour of redoing and so forth..

4) Pin fabrics together(tightly). Use props to hold in place for cutting - Laundry basket, chair, etc..

5)Cut out the tunic pattern

6) Pin both pieces together

7) Sew & Hem


8) Get extra accessories. This simple tunic can be used for tons of costumes with the right props.

9) Extra(for Robin Hood/forest costume, or if u want it) - Make a zig-zag hem. (Make a big hem then cut out ziz-zags(hope that's understandable))

So that's how I made my costume. If you know how to sew it shouldn't be hard to make. What do you think? Please comment!

2 comments:

  1. go Hannah!! so crafty- i think my good friend has that same fancy pants sewing maching---super nice!!

    ReplyDelete