Thursday, May 13, 2010

The True Story of 'The Little Red Hen' - Part 2

I have finally decided to share the last part of 'The Little Red Hen'. So here it goes. Part 1 here.

Part 2

Little Red Hen finished grinding the wheat. Now it was time to mix the dough. She decided that maybe hwe friends would like helping with that. So Hen called up Pig.
"Hello Pig."
"Oh hi Hen."
" Pig, I was wondering if you would like to help me mix the dough for bread. I have a great......."
"No thanks Hen, I was, uh, just getting ready to go, uh, mudding with Piglet. Bye Hen!"
So Hen called Duck. "Hi Duck. I thought you might like to help me....."
"Uh, sorry Hen but I've got to study for my diving class. "
"Oh, okay. How do you do that?"
"Sorry, Hen but I've got to go."
So Hen tried to call Goose and Cat. But Goose was going to her quilt club, and Cat was going to the fair.
"Very well," said Hen, " I will do it myself." So Hen mixed and kneaded the dough herself. Now it was time to shape the loaves. She knew that Cat loved doing that, so she called up Cat.
"Hello Cat, back already? Must not have been very good."
"Yeah."
"Well I know that you enjoyed shaping the loaves, so I thought you could come and help me."
"Well thanks very much Hen! but, I've got quite a busy schedule, and I just dropped home to get something before my Fishing Frenzy class. So you see I can't help right now. I'm awfully sorry."
"Alright Cat." None of her other friends could help either. Hen didn't know why. They were NEVER this busy. Hen was so distracted with her thoughts that she accidentally shaped a loaf to big and didn't even notice. Hen set the bread on the stove to rise.
After half an hour of rising time, she returned to find a HUGE loaf that was starting to go over the edge! Oh no! thought Hen. But despite the large loaf, into the oven the bread went. The smell of the baking bread wafted out of Hens open window down to Pig, Duck, Goose and Cat. All of Hen's friends ran down to Hen's house. Hen saw them coming just as she was pulling the loaves out of the oven and said, "Now, who will help me eat the bread?"
"I will!" said Pig.
"I will!" said Cat.
"I will!" said Duck.
"I will!" said Goose.
"No thanks." said Hen. " I will eat it myself..
And she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment