Saturday, July 31, 2010

Girls Camp

So now after about a month and a half you finally get to learn about girls camp. It was really fun. This year's theme was Sky-High Academy: Superheroes-In-Training. This was my second year at camp. Our Camp goes to Camp Lehi(one owned by our church). It's 45 min. to an hour away from where I live.

Anyway, so on Monday I met at my church building with all the other Young Women in my ward that were going. WE arrived at Camp around 10ish. My years leader was Sister Terilyn Karren. She is in the Saratoga ward. She is SO AWESOME. If I haven't mentioned it, my Girls Camp si really small compared to most. 30-40 girls. My year had 5. I know. Crazy. But we are all good friends and have tons of fun together. The Girls in my group(excluding me) were, Maddie Johnson, Makenzie Larson, Meagan Benensohn and Elaine Hulme. My year's name was THE POWERPUFF GIRLS (each year is given a name which goes with the camp theme).

Another thing about Camp is that the 5th years are called JC's. JC stands for Junior Counscellor. One or two of them are assigned to each of the years below them. They teach devotionals, certification and first aid. They stick with their year, do their hike w/them and so forth. But they do have their own dinner table. Some things they do by themselves. So my JC's were Alyssa Orton and Natasha Dalton. They were awesome!

I had a really fun camp. Here are some of the of the things we did:

-Hike
-Fashion Show
-Dinner Cookout
-First Aid
-Certification
-Secret Sister
-Drums Alive
-Bebe guns
-Archery
-Paintball
-Game Night
-Talent Show
-Crafts

Plus Tons of other fun stuff...........................................that I don't have time to talk about. Pictures coming soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment