Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Alive!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's amazing that I haven't. But I have lots of news. But first the Books(of course).

FABLEHAVEN
I just read the last book in this series. This was like SO AWESOME! Brandon Mull made this awesome. If you have not read Fablehaven you must. This is such a good series. This series is fun for all ages, not just kids and teens. My mom really enjoys this series too. So check our Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. Here are the titles:

1-Fablehaven
2-F: Rise of the Evening Star
3-F: Grip of the Shadow Plague
4- F: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary
5- F: Keys to the Demon Prison

PROTECTOR OF THE SMALL
This is a cool quartet about a girl who wants to be a knight. It is by Tamora Peirce and should be read after the following quartets(I didn't) by Tamora Peirce

Beka Cooper
The Immortals
Song of the Lioness

I can't think of any others. You could read this without reading any of them, which I did and you would be fine. It's about Kel who accepts the challenge to become a knight. All the other boys in training think she will quit after a week, but they soon find out that Kel is not an ordinary girl.

1-First Test
2-Page
3-Squire
4-Lady Knight

So that's bout it for the books. I'll have more coming soon. Now for the news. Should I go Oldest to Newest or Newest to Oldest. I really don't know. Well how about I tell you about what you are dying to hear about! The Play!

The Dastardly Doctor Devereaux
The play went super! I had so much fun performing this. Every performance had a little problem that was easily fixed. On the last two nights, people missed their cue so we had to ad-lib while they hurried to come on. But the first night....... So at the end I have a dance with others(Do-the-bop where we get the bad guys and kick around a gun). And I lost sight of the gun. Now that is bad since I have to go and pick it up at the end. So I need to watch it through Do the Bop. Now I could not find it! Uh-oh. So what do I do? Sister Clark(the director) always told us that if something goes wrong make a big deal about it. Make it look funny so they don't notice. So I did just that. I ran around saying " Wher's the gun!" It worked. When Sister Clark whispered, "Just go on" I said "Oh we don't need it anyway" We really don't need it. So the play finished. Anyway I had a blast, and I am trying to figure out what to do with my life now that it is over. If I haven't told you before, my dream/goal is to be an actress in a movie. So now I am learning all that I can about acting and a movie, so that I can try to get into a movie in a couple of years. If you ever hear about anything like auditions or not-so-expensive classes PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Also, I have heard rumors that The Dastardly Doctor Devereaux might be put on you-tube. If that is so, I will let you know so that you can check it out if you didn't go.


MARY MAGDALENE
I had the oppurtunity to sing in a quartet with some youth at my ward's Easter fireside. Our choir director(Billy Wardle) made to nice arrangments for Easter. FYI: I am in the ward choir, if you didn't know that. He made a solo that I sang as if I were Mary Magdalene coming to find the Garden tomb empty. Here are the Lyrics:

'Early in the Morning'
"Early in the Morning, I came to the tomb
And found the stone was rolled away.
The body of my Lord, had been removed from where it lay.
When I saw the Master of the garden, later in the day,
I asked him 'Where have you placed, the body of my Lord.'
And when, he spoke to me. I recognized his voice.
My Lord could it be? My Lord could it be-ee."

The two guys in the quartet(Adam Ure & Caleb Wardle) then sang as if they were some of the apostles when Jesus appeared to them after he was resurrected. After that the whole quartet(with the alto, Alyssa Orton) sang from the perspective of the Nephites as they saw Jesus descending. Then The boys again did a solo as if they were Joseph Smith & Sidney Rigdon when they saw Jesus in the Temple. Then we ended with: 'We testify that he lives.'


Well, I must close since it is getting late. I will return soon. I have some more pictures and posts for you!

Love, Hannah

1 comment:

  1. I would love to get the link for the play if they put it up on youtube! We felt so bad becuase we weren't able to go and see it. Wish we could have!

    ReplyDelete