Saturday, December 26, 2009

2009

This year is almost over and I cannot believe it! Here are some highlights of my year:

~I participated in a spaghetti Dinner and Cake Auction as a fund raiser for Girls Camp. :)
~I went to Girls Camp for the first time.
~I participated in a Stake Humanitarian Project, making Hygiene kits.
~I bought a Ipod Nano!
~My friends threw a surprise party for me!
~ I had a combined birthday party with my Sister.
~I began piano lessons with a new teacher.
~ I turned twelve and entered Young Woman's. I love it!
~ I have been to the Temple for Baptisms twice(I am going again on the 30th)
~I have read an uncountable number of books.
~ I won a bookmark contest , my library did, in the seventh grade.
~ And entered a Writing Contest(winners are announced in Feb.)
~I have learned a few new skills, such as doing loom hats.
~I saw two Movies in the Theatre(The Tale of Despereaux, and Harry Potter 6)
~ I took a trip to Seattle with my dad for a Constitution seminar.
~I became reunited with my friend Sarah Vandam who I have not seen since Stanford!
~I gave a talk in church.
~I sang at Stake conference, and a stake Choir Fireside( we sang Handel's Glory to God)
~Enjoyed visits from cousins and Grandparents

Here are some of my new favorites:

Color
Lime Green
(Yep, it's a bit bizarre)

Foods
~Macaroni and Cheese Deluxe
~Lasagna
~Chicken Pot Pie
~Bean Burro Casserole
~Banana Splits
~Eggs in a Hole
~Egg Sandwich


Singers/Groups
-Jericho Road!
-Hilary Weeks
-Jenny Philips
-Katherine Nelson
-The 5 Browns

Movies
-Lord of the Rings
-Emma Smith: my Story
-The Best Two Years
-Pride and Prejudice
-The Chronicles of Narnia
-Facing the Giants
-John Adams

Books
-Fablehaven Series by Brandon Mull
-Kingdom Series by Chuck Black
-Lord of the Rings by J.R.R.Tolkien
-The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede
-Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
-Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
-The Runaway Princess by Kate Coombs
-The Books of Bayern and Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale
-The Knights of Arrethrae (series) by Chuck Black
-The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
-Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan
-The inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
-Moody Family Series by Sarah Maxwell
-The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
-Rowan Hood by Nancy Springer
-Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites and Passage to Zarahemla by Chris Heimerdinger
-Do Hard things by Alex and Brett Harris
-All-of-A-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor
-Betty Zane by Zane Grey
-Little Women and Little Men by Louisa May Alcott

Okay I'll stop! I could go on for ever!

So That's just a simple summary of my year. Next December I will post my new lists and a link to this post and then you can see how much I've Changed!

I hope you all have had a wonderful 2009, and Have a very Happy 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Guess what?
    I am going to the temple on the 30th too!
    (If I get my temple recomend, that is.)
    I forgot it, so now we have to figure out a way to get one. We figured it out, and I will be interviewed today. (even though my recomend doesn't expire untill Feb.)

    Can't wait to see you again!

    ~ Jenna

    ReplyDelete